Kind of a dull day. STILL not feeling well. Still have no voice.
Went to see The Day the Earth Stood Still last night with Biff. The movie was not so great, but the company was good.
The weather was beautiful again today, so rather than stay in and read or work on Charlie's mosaic like I meant to, I drove out to Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge to tramp around in the woods for a while.
There are no trails there that I could decipher. Maybe if I was a deer it would have been easier. But the area is nice. Very sandy bottom-land, and looks like a lot of it is flooded some of the time. But it was mostly dry today. A bird haven. I can see why the birders like it so much. There are some great old trees there, and I wished again I had my camera.
But clearly the way to do Stinchcomb is by kayak. The waterways are really great. Still and quiet. So I told myself I'd go rent a kayak and take Grayson out there to paddle about next weekend if the weather is nice. Or maybe I should go myself first, make sure I know my way around a little before I bring G. You can rent a kayak for just $35 a day.
Got to get healthy first. That seems to be my primary challenge right now. I'm still feeling rotten and it's starting to be a drag. I want to be DOING stuff. Not floating around in a haze. I had hoped this week to get my workouts back on schedule, but I'm a dishrag. A voiceless dishrag. The walk at Stinchcomb wiped me out and it wasn't anything.
It's nice to know that there is such a great natural area so close. It's not nearly as managed as Martin Park. I think Grayson will like going there for outings because he can wander around without being confined to a trail. I bet it's a really great place to be when it's green.
No comments:
Post a Comment