Thursday, January 15, 2009

Let the Wild Rumpus Start

Back in the saddle today at work. Feeling healthier than I have in over a week, though still hacking up the occasional chunk of lung. Also feeling good about the future.

I'm a single woman now, so everyone is asking me when the party starts. The answer is... February. I'm stoopid poor right now, having somewhat shot my financial wad on Christmas and then grievously mismanaged what was left. At least I have the excuse of distraction and insanity for how screwed up I got my finances, but it's cold comfort when I'm missing all these opportunities for wild abandon.

In truth, there's a group of girls from the museum taking me out next Friday. I sent out an email telling everyone I was officially divorced and asking if they'd care to join me in celebration at the Mont next week. The response, I am pleased to say, was overwhelming. Either everyone really needed an excuse to go out for a drink, or the prospect of a girls night of man-bashing is just too good to miss. Either that or they just want to see me get drunk and stupid. We've reserved the Pit at the Mont, and should be a large and unruly bunch by 6 p.m.

Anyway, I want to thank all my amazing friends who sent me text messages, emails and phone calls with positive vibes and much love yesterday. It meant so much to me to realize that I was not alone in taking this enormous life-changing step. My friends were right behind me, watching the clock, knowing where I was and what was happening. Wishing me well. Thanks, all. Thanks and thanks and thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment