Grayson has made friends with the little boy who lives downstairs. His name is Ethan, and he's about a 4 or 5-year-old ball of energy in a Power Rangers helmet. Grayson is delighted to have a friend nearby, even if it's a little kid. They're out this late afternoon, running around, making laser noises.
Ethan also has Hulk Fists. And an older sister who is primarily interested in drawing with chalk on the sidewalk.
Having a friend to play with ... three, actually, because there were some other kids he was playing with last weekend... makes all the difference in how Grayson feels about living here. He told me yesterday he wants to live in the apartment FOREVER.
I'm glad he doesn't miss the old house. I sure don't.
We had another open house today. I saw one car there at 2. Gray said he saw three cars when he went by. So the place is getting good traffic. No offers yet. It's frustrating.
Speaking of getting no offers. Gray is on Match.com and not having the best luck with it so far. He is not getting a lot of response to his emails and winks. Is it evil of me to enjoy this? I actually edited his profile for him this morning because he tends to blather on and on when he writes. But I do take a sort of evil pleasure in watching him discover that it's not easy. I don't know why. It's to my advantage to have him busy and happy. But it vindicates me in some small way.
This weekend was, frankly, a bit of a drag. My Friday Story Slam partners bailed. Saturday Biff was at an all-night party. I was supposed to make dinner for him tonight and he bailed because he's in recovery from the night before (though we did have an entertaining text message conversation at 2:30 a.m.). So I had hoped we'd get together tomorrow, but he's driving to Tulsa to get his car. This is a good thing, because it's one of the many steps of retrieving his life from his ex that need to happen before he can get On with it. But it's still another small straw in the camel load of my weekend.
I guess I need to just fully dedicate myself to Grayson stuff on my G weekends. It's frustrating because Gray, who doesn't have G all week, is always able to pop off for an after-work drink or Thursday night party. While I have only my alternate weekends. So I feel a little desperate to cram as much grown-up fun into them as possible. Unfortunately, the rest of the world does not always see my entertainment as its priority. And oddly, most of my friends now live in Norman.
Speaking of... I'm under a certain amount of pressure to move to Norman when the time comes (assuming the time will come) to buy a house. Jin is leading the charge, but my folks are not far behind, and there are others. I just don't relish the idea of moving out of the city. Norman kind of bores me. And I grew up there. I dunno. I just can't get behind the idea.
I needn't worry about it just yet. Lord knows it will be fall before I'm in any position to go house shopping. I'm content to stay here through the summer and let G swim and play. Hell, maybe I'll never buy a house, just rent apartments forever. Fuck it.
No comments:
Post a Comment