Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I am Officially Single

D Day.

Actually, it was kind of anticlimactic. It primarily involved clicking around the Oklahoma City courthouse in my heels behind my lawyer, shuttling papers from Clerk's office to courtroom and back. The granting of the divorce itself took less than three minutes.

"For the sake of your child, I commend you both for negotiating this," she said. "Dissolution of marriage granted. Have a good day."

Dissolution of marriage granted.

Have a nice day.


Then more paper shuttling. Stamp. Stamp. Stamp. Shuffle. And we were done. I'm divorced. I have a big folder of papers to prove it, too.

I still felt like a wrung-out rag when it was over. So I went to the Mantle and indulged in seafood linguine and overpriced wine, then came home and crashed on the sofa until it was time to go get Grayson from SPARK.

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment