Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shoot me

So I had my photo shoot today for the Single in the City feature in Oklahoma Magazine. Yesterday at lunch I went to Dillards and "bought" (read: "borrowed") a $118 little stretchy black wrap dress for the "dressy" photo. I took it back after work today. Cute dress. But I needed that $118!!

The shoot was uneventful. They did a couple of group shots of mixed guys and girls, then a really awkward individual shot where they had someone chat you up while they shoot, so they can get more "animated" photos.

Which means I'll look like a complete dork. I do that weird thing with my lips when I talk, I always hate seeing myself on video or in "candid" shots where I'm talking. Weird lips.

At least my dress looked good.

Gray told me during our big two-hour phone fight last night that he considered the singles story to be in poor taste. "Tacky," was what he called it. And "embarassing" to him that it would happen so soon after we split up. He called it an "I'll show you" move on my part.

As it was. So he got one thing right.

Yes, we had a long nasty fight on the phone yesterday. About EVERYTHING, but first about money. Sad how so much keeps coming down to money. I won't go into the sordid details, but we did reach an understanding. We look at this period as checking things off the list, wrapping up loose ends. Little by little I hope we can both get our grievances off our chests and those loose ends neatly wrapped up and cauterized so we an get on to the rest of our lives.

It does feel like cauterization. Searing and hot and painful. But it stops the bleeding, and hopefuly will keep the old wounds and bitternesses from opening up again and inviting infection.

Meanwhile, I'm coming down with something of a cold. Sore throat today, and headache. Blah. So unfun.

No comments:

Post a Comment