I am unbelievably lazy today. A third night of hard drink and hard play left me pretty much useless. I might get up to make some dinner later on. Or not.
I hadn't seen Biff in two weeks. It's a long time. I felt almost like I had to get to know him again when we met at the bar. But we spend many contented hours drinking beer and talking. I enjoy spending time with him. I just wish I could do it more regularly.
Just as we were tabbing out, a group of girls from the museum arrived and joined us, so we stuck around for another hour or more, jawing with them. It was fun to watch Biff interact with my friends, and they with him. We get a little more comfortable together each time.
I told Biff how I've been thinking lately that it may be time for a change. I don't really feel a need to leave the museum, but I think I need to find something else to do. I'm in a real rut at work, and everything is rote. I need something new and interesting to get me jazzed up again. He told me I should find a way to use my writing. This seems obvious, but some of the suggestions he made were good ones. He said I can just go seeking experiences and writing about them... that people will be interested in my perspectives on seeing or doing things for the first time. At the very least I should look carefully at my Writers Market again and think about which publications I might have something to offer to.
Tonight I have reading to do. I went around and gathered up all the books I have that I haven't read yet and stacked them up in one big pile . There are 12. Guess I need to get to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment