"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around...when yellow will be mellow...when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen."
AUDIENCE: Amen.
LOWERY: Say Amen!
AUDIENCE: Amen!
LOWERY: And Amen.
AUDIENCE: Amen.
That's what I'm talkin' about!
Me, I cried through the whole damned thing. It is so good to have someone in office who I can believe in.
A friend brought it to my attention early this afternoon that the new Whitehouse.gov web page was up: "Change has come to America." Ohhh, yeah. We gonna shake some shit UP.
I feel honor-bound to join the new and improved Americorps and give back as President Obama has encouraged and exhorted me to do. Things feel hopeful.
I'm on my way to an after-party at Galileo's club in Paseo, where I can be sure of some pinko, lefty liberal artists to hang out and celebrate with. After their Cub Scout meeting, Gray will bring Grayson there for the kid hand-off, and we plan on hoisting a cold one together to toast the new World Order.... It's nice that we can do that. Strange, in a way, that it feels so comfortable, as if we have been not-married for much, much longer than we really have. Years.
No comments:
Post a Comment