I figured out what's wrong with me.
I'm bored.
I am desperately, deeply and intensely bored. I feel like I have nothing to do, nothing to contribute, no past-times, no purpose. I just plod along, doing what is necessary without feeding my spirit in any way. I do nothing.
I have no interests, no hobbies, no passions. Aren't people supposed to have something they love to do? Some cause or activity they care about? I don't. I can't think of any. I'm just doing clean time.
I try different things. I make mosaics, pick up the guitar, read, journal, blog, watch movies, work out, go to the wildlife refuge and walk around. But none of it feels meaningful for me at all. I'm just filling up the hours.
All I can think of to combat it is to keep on trying things, see if something sticks. But so far, nothing seems to hold my interest. Nothing speaks to me.
I wonder if this is part of a new and exciting period of depression I'm entering into? That's just what I need. Again, activity is the only way to keep it at bay, if that's what is happening. But I fairly quickly run out of things to do to keep me busy.
Maybe I'm just the most boring person alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment