Okay, sorry to take so long to get to this, but I got sidetracked.
I have to laugh at myself a bit. I'm hooked on instant messaging and text messaging. I had actually had it turned off on my phone because I found it so irritating. But now I've started using it and it seems like I'm beeping away on the cell phone everytime I go anywhere. I don't think I've gotten to the point where I'm one of those people who flips it open in the movie theatre to see what important people are texting me. AND I don't use text shorthand. I do hold on to some vestiges of dignity.
My next big move is Skype. Hoping to figure that out enough to chat with far-flung friends. Guess I need to get a headset or something. I'm not too bright about these things.
Last week I traded dogs for cats. Gray has been after me for a while to take the cats to the apartment and leave the dogs with him. I resisted until after the first really bitterly cold mornings. Finally I gave in. Those 6:30 a.m. walks in the freezing cold, straight out of a nice warm bed will make about anyone willing to trade. So... dogs out. Cats in.
I have spent the past few days re cat-proofing my apartment. I remembered... a bit late... that the cats love to eat fish food and will eat fish if they can get them. I remembered that Nemo cannot resist my bedside lamp, which is now tilted at a drunken angle. I remembered that the cats scream at you and attack your feet if you don't feed them on time. Stuff like that. They also show an unnatural interest in the fireplace ashes that gives me cause for some concern...
Discovered a leak in the bathroom today. My first opportunity to test the response time of my maintenance team. I'll keep you posted.
I miss the dogs. I know Gray will take good care of them and he loves them. But I miss that goofy Kobi face greeting me in the morning with the old tongue up the nose trick.
Grayson spent the weekend with Gray. His lip looks much better today. The doctor pulled the stitches this afternoon. There will be a little scar, a little tuck on the lower lip, but it's not too noticeable. There's still a scab on his lip where it split, but the stitches themselves have healed up very nicely. I'm hoping Grayson will let me actually take a photo of him this week. He's been very adamant about not having his picture taken since the accident.
No comments:
Post a Comment