Holy Cats it's COLD!
The past two days have been unbelievably cold! Sunday was lovely and warm and then Monday.... WHAM! Jeeeeez Louise!
I'd like to say it has gotten me into the Christmas spirit, but actually...
not so much.
I came to a realization this weekend that I get paid on the 23rd and will get to do the vast majority of my Christmas shopping that night. Okay, technically I suppose I could do some of that shopping on Christmas eve... but who wants to do that?
I suppose this gives me a chance to fine-tune my shopping list. I am not such a great gift buyer. I am not good at choosing for other people. Some people have it... others do not.
On Sunday, in the throes of Christmas exuberance pursuant to the decorating of our tree, Grayson sat down and cranked out his letter to Santa. I "mailed" it today, along with our Christmas cards. I'm glad he is still a Believer. I know some of his friends, many of whom are older than him by a year or two, no longer believe in Santa. But their lack of belief doesn't seem to have daunted G at all.
I love the holiday atmosphere that takes over at the museum this time of year. The last week before Christmas break is such a funny mix of insanity and complete slackertude. There are projects that MUST be completed before we leave for two weeks... and these are frenetically worked on. But outside of those projects, we're in a definite lull. There's a chatty, loosie-goosie feel to the place, and little gifties tend to turn up. This morning I found a box of Godiva chocolates and a bag of tootsie rolls on my chair. Not bad at all! I got gifts for a few of my co-workers, as well.
It's good to take it easy now, because when we get back after break, Katie bar the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment