What kind of cruel Universe causes a woman to wake up at 2 a.m. with the 70s song "Seasons in the Sun" running through her mind?
As if being an insomniac weren't enough.
Raining this morning. We had some nice thunder and a little bit of lightning around 5:30. Now just rain. I, of course, left a rug I had washed out on the front sidewalk, "to dry." So much for that.
The filming yesterday went very well, though it took all day. It must be incredibly boring to make a movie. Doing the same little bit over and over and over. It's bad enough when you're the one doing it and it's just a string of short pieces. It must be excruciating for all the cameramen, grips, lighting designers and zillions of other people on a movie set, for months at a time.
This morning I will be bringing Rich Cifelli, one of our vertebrate paleontology curators, up to the city for the media announcement that "Walking with Dinosaurs," the traveling arena show, is coming to Oklahoma in January. It's just a short media splash to announce tickets are going on sale, but they are generously partnering with the museum to let us get some of the spill-over publicity, and one of the things we provide is a pet paleontologist. So Rich and I will drive up for the shindig. If the weather cooperates, they will do this fun publicity stunt in which they put Rich in a scissor lift and send him up 35 feet to demonstrate how tall their brachiosaurus model is.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to www.dinosaurlive.com and see the teaser for their production. It's very cool. If they do the publicity thing with the lift today, I'll take some pictures. Rich should get a kick out of it.
I'm in better spirits today. I guess being a TV star for a day perks you up. Or maybe you just can't stay that blue for very long. We humans are hard-wired to Get Over It, I suppose. We're adaptive, or we wouldn't have survived this long.
That's as philosophical as I can be this morning, with only some 4 or 5 hours of sleep.
Thundering again. I'm going to go let Flower and Kobi in. The thunder stresses Flower out.
No comments:
Post a Comment