Friday, October 17, 2008

Der

Got myself locked out of my car at the bank today. I was running around doing errands preparatory to the yard sale, and I sat in the bank parking lot figuring out how much change I would need. I had put my keys in the console, finished up my list, grabbed my purse and got out of the car.

Slam.
Damn.

I had to call Farmers Insurance roadside assistance and have the darling tow truck driver in ropers and a cowboy hat come pop the door for me. I told him he was a genius and he grinned around his chewing tobacco and said "Would you mind tellin' my wife that?"

It took 45 minutes for him to get there. So I sat in the bank lobby, reading "Saving Our Children From Nature Deficit Disorder." It makes me think and worry about getting Grayson enough outside time when we move to the apartment. Of course, we'll have to walk the dogs every day, so there will at least be that, but I'll have to make an extra effort to get him to parks to be outside. The apartment is small, and there is no playground at the complex, so there will be a lot of temptation to stay in. I just hope there are other kids his age in apartments nearby so he will have new friends nearby.

Lately I'm worried about the logistics of being there. I think it's just anxiety about whether or not I've made the right choice. I'm sure we will all adapt to the new space and the new routines it will require. Walking the dogs will be good for all of us, though I do worry about them being inside alone all day. I will find a way to deal with it, I just will. I can find a way to deal with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment