We visited the new place yesterday afternoon and took measurements. I wasn't sure what furniture would fit, and the answer is... not much. But enough. We'll be able to get the Armoire in, but not the big green chair. The freezer, but not the sideboard.
Grayson immediately claimed his room. It's the larger room, so he also gets the computer desk in there, which is fine, since that's where he is parked so much of the time.
He was pretty excited about it. The fireplace is a big plus. The kitchen is diminutive, but lets face it, I don't do a lot of cooking.
The house prep procedes at what seems a snail's pace. Yesterday we took down Grayson's bunk beds and put them in the pod so we could move the twin bed out of the sun room and up to his room, so we could use the sun room for storage of stuff like bikes and extra end tables. I'm finding more and more stuff to add to next weekend's sale. Moving is good for the spirit because it makes you analyze your stuff. Do I really need this old latin textbook from highschool? Really?
Today we will finish the main prep work. Gray bought a nice neutral paint to cover the failed red in the kitchen and to paint the upstairs hallway and stairwell. I have another big load to take to the library book sale and Good Will. I'm not bothering with selling little stuff, just big stuff like furniture. I don't want to sit there all day while people poke through our old pots and pans. Ug. Fuggetaboutit. I'll donate that stuff.
I don't know which I'm dreading more... all the work that lies ahead of me, or the Oklahoma Tourism Industry Association board meeting I have to go to at 4:30 this afternoon, followed by the kick-off reception for the Governor's Conference on Tourism. Fortunately, it's in OKC this year, so I don't have to take off at 2:00 and drive to Tulsa. But I would love to get out of it. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment