Monday, October 13, 2008

All packed up


Yup, got all the important stuff packed up and ready to go now. Here's Grayson having a little bit of fun with the bubble wrap.

Almost everything is packed now, at least as much as I think can reasonably be packed when we still have more than a week before the move date.

I say that, but it seems like every day I open another cupboard and Holy Crap, there's a bunch of stuff I haven't taken into consideration. I found a whole cabinet full of boxes of photographs yesterday in the red room. My next task will be to get ready for the yard sale next week. For one thing, this means finishing Charlie's mosaic, so I can get it off of the table I mean to sell!

I went out to the garden yesterday. I haven't been out there in weeks because it just made me sad. We just got it built and here I am abandoning it. But I needed to go out to find my little hand spade to repot a plant. My little garden is over grown and weedy, but bless its heart, it is still producing. There are green tomatoes and lots of peppers. The basil has taken off again and there's enough mint to julep northwest Oklahoma City. I felt proud of my little garden, that it has been doing its work even under my neglect, and I feel good knowing it will keep going after I'm gone, though it still makes me a little sad.

I just have to keep remembering that we're on a journey, here. Moving to the apartment is just one step along the way, and we'll have our own house again by this time next year.

I went to bed at 9:30 last night. I was exhausted. It has been a very hard-working weekend, and there are a couple more of those ahead. The pod is stuffed full, and the sun room is filled with extraneous stuff like bikes and bookcases that didn't fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment