Bob brought Bennett over last night for the first time. I had, of course, never met him. Bob had never met Grayson, and the boys had never met each other, so there were a host of firsts for all of us. But the boys of course instantly found a common ground, and I had an accidental stroke of genius at Target this morning when I impulsively bought two nerf dartguns. The boys took one outside and Bob and I took the other and defended the balcony. We had an all-out dart war for an hour or so, complete with sneak-attacks by the boys into the apartment to get us from behind, and tickle attacks by us.
It was, I'm vastly relieved to announce, a successful first meeting. Bob made pizza, Grayson and Bennett made a claymation film together, Bob and Bennett played baseball on the wii, and Grayson discovered the peculiar allure of the Atomic Wedgie, which Bob gave him every time he got anywhere near.
Friday I went out and had dinner and drinks with my Dad. We haven't done that in a long while, and it was nice to have the one-on-one time with him. He let me rattle on about houses, and I listened to him tell me yet again how much he used to weigh vs. how much he weighs now, and the pros and cons of trading his 22-foot sailboat in for a 25 foot sailboat. It was a good evening.
I've found another house to want. This one is in Norman, oddly right next door to my aunt Deanna. It's got a big bonus room that could be Grayson's garçonierre, and a POOL!! There are big sycamores (my favorite tree) in the backyard. It has a spacious kitchen, a fireplace, and a groovy 70s vibe that oddly appeals to me. The price is right, too, $114,000. And it's in the Jackson school district, just a few blocks from Bob. I try not to take that too much into consideration, but I admit there's an appeal.
Not that I'm in any position to buy a house now, as I have already discovered. But maybe our house will sell soon and I will be.
Breathe. Just breathe, and have faith in the universe. It will all work out for the best. I just have to be patient and take it one day at a time.
So today is easter. A rainy easter. Grayson has already played with his new easter toys, eaten chocolate, colored eggs, and declared himself bored, and it's not noon yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment