I went to see that house for sale in Norman yesterday afternoon. It's a basic 70s ranch with a funky addition slapped on over the garage. The main attraction is the neighborhood... a nice cul-de-sac in the Jackson school district, the pool in the back yard... a big ol' thang, currently full of black sludge... and the price. $114,000 for 1800 square feet. That includes the funky addition, of course.
It was a foreclosure that someone bought to flip and haven't gotten around to fixing up yet. My parents came with me to look at it and were sort of non-plussed. I was kind of charmed by the groovy 70s vibe: dark woodwork, sunken living
It's worth considering... if I could maybe get the price down a little more to take "as is." Rehabilitating the pool alone would be about 5 thousand bucks, according to the pool people I've talked to about it. But Grayson would be in heaven all summer!
I don't know why exactly I'm looking, except that I have to do something. Waiting for the house to sell is killing me.
This weekend I'm going to go over there and plant some flowers in the pots on the porch and steps to brighten it up a bit and enhance its curb appeal. Gray said he'd pay for the plants if I'd do the work. I'm also going to go buy some peppers, tomatoes and flowers for my own little balcony garden. I'm going to be there through May at least. Might as well plant some stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment