Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Morning

Complacencies of the peignoir, and late
Coffee and oranges in a sunny chair...

Ah the lazy pleasure of Sunday morning... "complacencies of the peignoir," indeed... though my rumpled T-shirt and pajama bottoms are somewhat less picturesque and romantic. I'm feeling a little self-indulgent after yesterday's full day of standing in a chilly booth at the Kids Fair. Man! I was grouchy about having to do that yesterday morning! I was in a thoroughly foul mood when I got up, just knowing I had to go do it.

There's something so exhausting about trade shows. It's always a miserable environment: usually in some cavernous cold building, with music too loud that you have to shout over when people come to your booth, and/or an annoying unintelligible emcee over a loudspeaker. One particularly annoying one I went to played the soundtrack to Oklahoma! over and over for 7 hours.....

I handed out lots and lots of coupons for a free child's admission, mostly to women with anywhere from 4 to 8 kids. I can see why they don't go places with so many kids... even the museum, cheap as it is, would cost you nearly $30 to get in, to say nothing of the inevitable stop in the gift shop on the way out. Well, inevitable for me. I guess those moms are less susceptible to pleas for gift store junk.

ANYWAY. I did it and today I get to be lazy. Well, as lazy as housekeeping, shopping and laundry will allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment