Friday, March 20, 2009

Baby baby

Here's me holding Miss Violet, Krysten's baby girl. Awwwwwww.

The weekend begins. Grayson was home just for last night 'cause Gray had to work. This afternoon he goes back to his dad for the rest of the weekend. I feel bad about that because he's coming down with a cold, so it's likely to be a whiny weekend. But that's the way it shakes out... And I'm havin' Bob time tonight. Rrrrrow.

We're making dinner tomorrow night at his place, then going to a movie. I know, I know. Gag. Mushy people are so gross.

Let's talk about my housing options...

As spring begins... happy first day of spring, by the way. Woo Hoo!! ... I've been thinking about my housing options. My lease runs out here at the apartment at the end of April... and I will need to decide what to do next. Of course everything depends on when the house sells... but I'm trying to decide if I need to move to Norman or stay here in OKC.

If I move to Norman, I will be close to work, my folks, ALL my friends, and Bob. But I'll have to rent some cruddy little house for at least a year before I can afford to buy a real house.

If I stay in OKCity, I'll still have the commute and the expense, but I could potentially get an awesome little house just four blocks from Grayson's school. I talked to the owner of the house on 22nd street today. She's just about ready to talk about a rent-to-own arrangement. In 7 months I could have a $5000 down-payment built up in rent. The house is now for sale for just $131,000... a steal in Mesta Park. And it's all been redone: new roof, new electrical, new plumbing. People, I LOVE THIS HOUSE. I just FEEL that this is my house. I know there are all sorts of reasons for me to go to Norman, and they are all very good reasons and they do attract me... but this HOUSE. If I can get the owner to let me rent it to own it, I have to take the house. I just have to. I'm meant to have that house!!! Here are some pics:



The spring weather makes me want to dig in the dirt, too. It's been rainy, and the smell of the wet earth makes my fingers itch to plant something. If I can move into a house early enough, I can get a garden started this spring.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. You are meant to have this house. Brow beat that lady until she agrees to rent-to-own. Norman isn't your style (as much as I LOVE this town).

    ReplyDelete