A nice hung-over bowl of coffee and a pastry at Prairie Thunder to start my day. Bought a fresh loaf of oat/date bread, too. Man, I think I had more wine than was good for me last night. Jin and I had dinner and it seems I just poured red wine down my throat all night. I crashed on Jin's couch.
So last night I met a new Match guy. Bob. He's a professor in the OU art department. I was actually scheduled to go out with him the week after I met Biff, but I cancelled it after I got Biffed.
We met at Othello's after work for an hour. He had an opening to go to, so we kept it short. He's handsome. Beautiful dark brown eyes. And obviously finds me attractive. He told me I was "even better than my pictures." Which is nice. And he was very flirtatious.
Talks a mile a minute though. Holy Cow! Maybe he was nervous or something, but I could barely keep up, he was all over the place. I think he's probably pretty smart and entertaining, but I hardly had time to react before he was off onto something else. And he seems to think of himself as sort of a rebel, a dissident. That might get old.
I don't know. He's been texting me this morning with little flirtatious messages. I enjoy the attention, I'll admit. So I'll probably see him again. It's challenging because we both have kid schedules and work schedules, so I'm not sure when we'll even be able to work it out again, but I'll give it a shot. Bob's also a guitar player, and willing to teach me, so at the very least, I'll get some free guitar lessons out of the deal. :)
In the meantime, looks like I have a date tonight with another Match guy, Roddy. He's a career National Guard guy. British, grew up in Jamaica. Go figure. He's been fun to correspond with, and asked me today if I wanted to meet this weekend. I want to meet him just to hear him talk. Plus he says there's a real Jamaican restaurant in OKC, and I want him to introduce me to it. He says it's in the hood, so I'll need an escort. And if you're not safe with the National Guard... well, when are you safe?
No comments:
Post a Comment