First of all, this is not my car. Second: I was not involved in this accident. It did, however, happen right in front of me on 23rd street on my way to work yesterday morning. I stopped in the right lane to let in a driver in a white car from the Carl's Junior parking lot. Instead of turning right into my lane ahead of me, he attempted to zip across to make a left turn onto 23rd. He creamed the lady in this van, which rolled completely over and ended up turned backward in my lane. He then seemed to gun his engine, and crashed into another car, shoving it across two lanes of oncoming traffic.
There were three kids, all under the age of 3, in the back seat of the van that flipped. Amazingly enough, none of them were hurt.
In other news, I went yesterday afternoon to look at a house for sale on 22nd street in Mesta Park. It's a very cute little bungalow, built in 1929, and partially remodeled: new carpet in the bedrooms, hardwood floors redone in the living and dining rooms. It's really a cute little place, and the location is good. Of course, I'm in no place to buy a house right now, but I've been looking at it for months, and I just wanted to see inside it.
I'm really under pressure to move to Norman, and I know I should seriously consider it. Jin's friend (and the mom of a former McFarlin classmate of Grayson's) Susan Greer, has a rental house in Norman that's vacant. Jin says I should move in there while I look for a house. I'll consider it. I just don't know. I like living in OKC, but the factors in Norman's favor are stacking up against me. My friends almost all live in Norman now. My work is in Norman. And, as Bob says... "Bob is in Norman." :)Grayson has been dead set against it, which was always a great excuse for me... that I didn't want to take him out of his school and away from his friends, etc. But yesterday, out of the blue, he announces that he would be okay with moving to Norman, that it would be fun to make new friends. Wha?? I was really surprised. But at least I know that if we DO move, he won't be traumatized by it.
Sadly, there are not many cute little old houses in Norman. The ones in my price range are all new construction tract homes on the north east side. Nothing wrong with that, but I just love those old established neighborhoods in OKC. I don't know. I want to do the right thing. I just can't tell yet what that is.
Well, it's a non-issue until the end of April when my lease runs out, and/or until the house sells. There's another showing tonight. Lots of traffic..... no offers.
Tonight is the first "rehearsal" (and I use that term lightly) for the Jacobson House play. Should be interesting. When it's over I'm going over to see Bob, so I hope it's not too late. It will be our first opportunity to spend more than an hour in one another's company.
No comments:
Post a Comment