Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can


He did it.

At last I believe there is hope for this country again. At last I believe there will be someone in the whitehouse who is truly there to a lead a nation, not to dominate a power struggle. At last I believe that the country I live in will once again be the country I was raised to believe in. For the first time in many years, I believe.

I was moved by a quote from his speech last night:
"And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your president, too."

Here's a link to the transcript of the full speech, which is worth reviewing.
From the Washington Post

I just got some great photos from my friend Mike in Seattle:

I was impressed in Obama's speech that he had the courage to include "Gay and Straight" in his list of Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment