Grayson is home "sick" today. Looks to me like he feels fine, frankly. But also frankly I needed a day to get some stuff done, so it worked out just fine. He gets a day off and I get a day to run errands and take care of details that I haven't been able to do during the week.
I have another proud moment to acknowledge: Yesterday it was cold and rainy, so I left Flower and Kobi inside the apartment all day instead of taking them to the old house to play in the yard. They were in the house for ten hours. Nothing for it, that's how long my day is. I leave with Grayson for school at quarter to eight, and get home with him at six. I was afraid they would have pooped and peed on everything, but amazingly enough, they did not. There's hope for the future! Now, granted, Kobi peed sometime between their walk at 5 a.m. and 7:30 when I got up with Grayson for the day. But she peed on the puppy pad, so it's forgiveable.
Yes, I was up with the dogs at 5 a.m. I fell asleep on the sofa last night and didn't take them for their usual 9:00 walk before bedtime. So I paid the price. I had Flower's nose in my face at 5, and there was no telling her to wait. So I got up and tramped around the complex with them. Let this be a lesson to me. A tired 9 p.m. walk is better than a tired 5 a.m. walk.
Speaking of walks, here's a video of us walking the dogs. It's fairly typical of how it goes. We were trying to capture video of Kobi doing her amazing pee contortions, but met with only very limited success. One of these days we'll get a really good video of it and win a million dollars.
Today's tasks: get Flower to the vet (she's overdue for shots), buy dog food, clean the floors in the old house, call the realtor.
Oh, nevermind... I just got a call from Emily at Frontier Country, the organization I did the filming for a few weeks ago. Their videographer's hard drive crashed and they lost all the voice over I had done, so I'm going in at 2 today to re-record everything. Thank god it's not the filming part. Ug. Once is enough for that stuff. Guess I won't get the floors done after all. Got to get the dog to the vet at 4:30, so there won't be time. Man, sometimes I think we'll never get this house listed, much less sold.
No comments:
Post a Comment