Saturday I was informed that the receiver in charge of my house would not be replacing my defunct air conditioning unit. Instead, they would be putting in three window units. Great. I admit I was less than enthusiastic about this solution, but, since it was an unlivable 90 degrees in my house, I am more than willing to take whatever relief was offered.
Today, the long-awaited units were installed, and my house is cool again (if somewhat noisier). The dogs spent all day snoozing in the cool.
The other fabulous news of the day is that I got my chipped tooth fixed. It was driving me nuts, and I cannot adequately express the relief I felt when, the repair completed, I touched the back of the offending tooth with my tongue and felt... nothing. AH! Sweet relief from the compulsive rubbing of the rough spot that I have been unable to keep myself from doing virtually every waking hour since the tooth chipped last week!
In celebration, I stopped at Wendy's to get a Frosty on the way home. And this CHICKEN was parked under the sign. Yes, it's a real, live chicken. Well, of course, I got out of the car and made a complete ass of myself attempting to catch the chicken. What I thought I was going to do with it once I caught it, I'm not sure, considering the fact that the last chickens in my home were murdered by Roxy. But I tried. I chased it under the car and around the car and finally gave up and left it back where I found it, parked under the menu sign in the drive-through. I hope she finds her way home on her own.
No comments:
Post a Comment