Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Why Did the Turtle Cross the Road...
Saved a turtle today, as it was crossing Imhoff. I was coming back to the museum after running some errands over lunch, and I saw him bookin' it across the road. He was clearly aware of his peril. He would raise up high and march double-time across the blacktop when the coast was clear, and then snatch his head in as cars went over or around him. I was terrified he would get hit while I was making my way back to him, in my heels and silk skirt. But I got there in time. I carried him over to the grass he was making his way toward, and left him in some vinca vines. My karma investment for the day. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of him. He was a nice basic brown box turtle. Not the fancy kind. But no less deserving of salvation for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment