Friday, May 15, 2009

On a More Positive Note


I know I've been a real downer lately. I'm stressed out about the house, money, my future... blah blah blah.

Once again I feel the need for a therapeutic listing of the good things in life. So, today's list is of Ways I'm Lucky

1. I have a steady, reliable job that I enjoy (mostly)
2. I have a terrific, happy, healthy and well-adjusted kid
3. My parents are fantastic people who love and support me
4. I have a few dear friends I can call on to listen and understand
5. I have sweet crazy Bob, who loves me
6. I'm healthy and reasonably strong
7. I may not have enough money at the end of every month, but I have ways to cover my ass until better times come along.
8. For the most part my divorce is not bitter and G and I are able to work together for Grayson's best interests
9. I'm not fat, ugly or stupid. (no comments from the peanut gallery, please!)
10. I generally have a pretty positive outlook. I may get blue, but I'm not one to wallow in misfortune. I tend to make the best of things.

So there. See? It's not all bad.

AND this morning on the way to work, when I was stopped at a light getting on to the highway, I was fortunate enough to witness a scissortail flycatcher diving for its breakfast over the road. I love the way they open their tails and hover, sweep and dive. What a great state bird to have! It's definitely one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment