Thursday, September 25, 2008

Heeeeeere's Linda

Okay hi Ya'll.
Yeah, so I've been AWOL for awhile. Things have been a little crazy here lately.

So, News.
We're selling the house.
What? You say. You just moved into the house!

Yes, but we've decided to sell. There's more space than we need and not all of it usable space, so we met with our realtor today and the house will be listed by the first Monday in October. So, if you know anyone who needs a great old historic home, send them our way.

I've been cleaning and packing up the unnecessaries. A week from Friday we get a POD. One of those boxes they deliver for you to fill up with your stuff and then they take it away and store it for you. We're going to strip a bunch of stuff out of the house to "stage" it to sell. Fortunately, we haven't been here long enough to really get engrained. I remember moving out of the rental house I had lived in for six or seven years when Gray and I bought our first house. Oh My God how much Crap I had stashed in that house! It had the benefit/curse of lots of storage space. So all of that storage was full of crap. My advice: always get a house with nice size closets, but not too many of them, and NO extra "storage space." Storage space is another word for "oubliette where you dump all your useless shit you don't know how to get rid of otherwise."

We had a garage at the last house. That was the endless pit of doom when we moved here. Seemed like crap came out of that garage waaaaayyy out of proportion to the amount of physical space that was actually there.

So that's news.

Lets see... other news....

Grayson has had the Mystery Illness. He's been out of school for FOUR days now. Just a low grade malaise. No actual symptoms, just droopy and tired and complains of "feeling bad all over." I was convinced he had either an ear infection or another case of asymptomatic strep. He had that a couple of years ago. But no. Gray took him to the doctor today and they found NOTHING WRONG WITH THE KID. What it amounts to is that I think I've been flummoxed out of four days of school.

They drew blood (payback of a sort, I guess, if it's all theatre) just to be sure it wasn't mono. But I highly doubt it. I think it's inactivity, boredom, and a profound desire to stay home, play computer games and watch television. Okay, so this is what we call a Parents' Teachable Moment.

Tomorrow, the boy goes to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment