"The time is 0600. What's the O for? O My God it's Early."
The immortal words of Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam
My morning actually started at 3:30 when the helicopter with a search light arrived over our house and circled around for a few minutes. Fortunately, whoever they were seeking must have decamped or been apprehended, because it flew away and did not return. But things were loud and bright for a while there.
Then at 5, Grayson tapped me on the shoulder to let me know that "I didn't go to the bathroom before I went to bed and, sadly..."
He had wet the bed. Our bed.
So what do you do then but get up? I packed Grayson off back to his own warm dry bed, left Gray sleeping peacefully on his nice warm dry side of our bed, and got up to surf Audible.com and futz around until it's time to be functional.
This weekend is the Big Party for Grayson's birthday. Tomorrow my mom and I will create our annual birthday cake sculptural extravaganza. This year calls for Bugs. So we're making a beetle cake and a caterpillar cake. The caterpillar cake will be green inside : )
Today I go shopping for appropriate candies with which to decorate: licorice legs, Spree eyes, etc. And tonight Grayson and I will make more bug decorations out of pom poms and pipe cleaners. They're very cute. I need to pick up some party favors, too. I love Grayson's birthday. It's the best day of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment