Sunday, December 16, 2007

snow what

Well, the big snow storm was a bit of a dud.

Oh, it did snow: and the wind blew and it got colder than hell. But the snow didn't accumulate to speak of. It covered the lawn enough to look pretty, and that's it. Oh well, it's not like we needed any more weather complications to add to our weather complications. I'm a bit embarrassed, however, that OU cancelled the convocation ceremonies for winter graduates that were scheduled for Saturday. A lot of disappointed families over that.

I'm starting to get all excited about Christmas. I bought my last present for Grayson yesterday, and now I have only a few gifts left to purchase, and a few I'm waiting for that should arrive by Tuesday. Our tree is all piled up with presents! It's exciting to have Christmas at home. I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be shipped off next week.

Today my grandmother Sybil is coming to make Martha Washingtons with us. It has become an annual event that we all look forward to.

Monday is the big feast at the museum for all the staff and volunteers. I forgot to sign up to bring a dish, but I'll come up with something. This last week of work is always so half-assed. Everyone wants to be out doing their last-minute shopping and is looking forward to the time off. Everyone is sort of futzing around. For me, it's a very slow time because there is nothing going on at the museum now until late January, so I don't have anything in particular to promote. Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of projects I could create for myself that probably really need to get done....

Grayson spent the night with a friend last night, so it's unusually quiet here this morning. I was looking forward to sleeping in, with no kid jumping on me and pestering me to go play. But I woke up when Gray came to bed some time in the wee hours and I had trouble staying asleep after that. So I'm awake early on a day when for once I have the chance to be asleep. Oh cruel ironies of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment