Monday, December 17, 2007

Back to School


What a Monday.
Yesterday afternoon, Grayson's afterschool program, SPARK, called to tell us that his school would be closed AGAIN on Monday, but they would be open all day if we needed to drop him off. I made arrangements to leave him with my folks again and told him the deal. (He was, needless to say, thrilled at the prospect of a SIXTH day out of school)

Then at 10 last night my mom calls me to tell me she had just seen on the news that all Oklahoma City schools would be open on Monday.

Open?
Closed?
WTF?

So we went online and yes, ALL schools were open. So we broke the news to G-rex (who was still awake, though we had put him to bed nearly an hour before) and reminded him we'd have to get up early to get him to school.

This morning... 8:30 a.m.
I wake up to two sleeping boys. Shit! I have a staff meeting in Norman in half an hour, and Grayson is already half an hour late to school!

So we had a rather harried morning.
Ah, Monday.

I got a call today from Frontier Country Marketing, asking me to host their holiday TV show this year. They need someone to do the segment segues and voice over. Apparently it's a sort of holiday reality show where they took a bunch of kids to various attractions and filmed them doing stuff there, and I'm going to do the set-up bits in-between segments. Should be very fun to do. It will be my first non-museum television gig. I'm now a much-sought-after star.

Probably because they knew I would work for free.
Ho Ho Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment