Okay, strike that last post. I am no longer buying a house, it seems.
My house-hunting project fell flat on its face and slunk away in embarrassment. Despite sending up a Hail Mary application to the sort of lender who provides mortgages to deadbeats and hobos, I was still unable to attain a loan. In short: I owe too many people too much money. AND: lets face it, I suck at finances. Lets call it a lesson in fiscal responsibility.
So be it. Que sera sera, etc. The good news is that I was able to use part of the money I had saved up for a down-payment to pay off some of those debts, so hopefully I'll have better luck next time. "There's always another house," as I've said before. When the time is right, hopefully next spring, we'll begin anew.
Meanwhile, life in Bentonville gets curiouser and curiouser.
Having not-so-long-ago exited a relationship, I had made up my mind that I would remain steadfastly single for awhile. Thought I'd surf around, widen my circle of acquaintance, and keep it loose. I had no idea there was a freight train in my future.
The freight train's name is John.
I'm currently in the middle of experiencing something I don't think I really believed in anymore until about two weeks ago. God help me, I'm in love.
Remember this post, when I was feeling like there was something missing in my life here in Bentonville? I decided that I needed to stop bellyaching about not feeling right and just hand it over. I tried to get myself re-centered, and focus again on opening up to the Universe. And since, if you want to win the lottery, you have to buy a ticket, I also signed up on OKCupid.com. I bought a ticket, so to speak. And the Universe delivered. There was a gentle knock on my psychic door, and when I opened it up, this blonde freight train ran flat-ass over me.
It started out a couple of weeks ago as a simple walk in the park with the dog. Then drinks after work at a downtown watering hole where his sister tends bar. Next thing I know I'm talking to him on the phone for three hours every night, making plans for two months in the future, taking down my OKCupid account, and dropping by his house on the way to work every day just to say "Good Morning."
Cue the Dean Martin music...
If this sounds insane to you...Good. It should. It should sound insane to me, too, but it doesn't. I'm on Cloud Nine. I won't say I threw caution to the wind... the impact of the freight train knocked it right out of me.
Let me tell you, this is the last thing I expected. I thought I'd turned into this jaded old broad who didn't believe in True Love anymore. I can't even tell you anything specific about John that I love. I guess I'd have to say it's everything about John that I love. The total package. It just fits. Like your favorite jeans. We just work together.
And before you assume that I'm just lost in the sexual Fog of War, let me explain, at the risk of providing too much information: this guy hasn't even gotten to second base! We're just soaking up one another's company, every chance we get.
So fuck it. I'm going for it. This kind of thing doesn't happen to everybody. I'm incredibly lucky and I can't think what I've done to deserve such a thing. But I asked for Love and the Universe dropped John on my doorstep, and you don't fool around with Mother Nature.

No comments:
Post a Comment