Friday, December 31, 2010

Ralph

My week of laziness and indulgence was interrupted last night by a bout of stomach virus on Grayson's part. Poor kid, he started feeling sick around 5:30 last night and spent the 12 hours throwing up. It was a long, long night for both of us. We lay on our individual sofas in the living room, dozing intermittently between Grayson's awful bouts of ralphing. I would hear him start, and rouse myself to go wipe his face with a cool cloth, bring him ice chips to suck on and tuck him back in. Then we would both collapse onto our respective sofas and doze again until the next bout. It went on until about 4:30 this morning.

Today, Grayson is doing much better, just recuperating from the exhaustion and achiness of dehydration that accompanies a night of ralphing. For my part, I feel like I've been on an 2-day bender: groggy, stiff and dopey. We continue to hold down our sofas and stare glassy-eyed at reruns on the Disney Channel.

This is not exactly the sort of lazing about I had in mind for the holiday break.

I had to cancel our participation in the New Year's Eve festivities at Bob's tonight. He told me he'd have bad luck all week if I wasn't there to deliver the lucky New Year's kiss... which made me feel bad at first, but was sort of sweet, actually. No way I'm keeping my kid up 'til midnight tonight. We're both going to bed as early as it's dark enough to be considered "night time."

Hopefully we can make it up to the Dohrmann boys tomorrow by showing up with bells on for their football party. I'm bringing chili. Assuming I don't come down with the Ralph Virus myself between now and then.

So I thought I'd post a few pictures from the holidays.
First, here's Grayson and my dad, preparing the Christmas Turkey for the smoker.














Kobi, happily sucking on her new stuffed Christmas tree toy.














Here's Grayson with the plate of tacos and thermos of coffee he left for Santa on Christmas Eve.












And a nice picture of Grayson sharing this year's Book with his Big Mama and Papa.

It was a wonderful holiday, last night's ralphing notwithstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment