
I'm at the stage of holiday planning where, like a little kid, I can barely sit still. I'm technically still on the job, still busily getting to work, managing the day-to-day. But in fact, there are visions of sugarplums dancing in my head, and I'm all but useless for anything but gift-wrapping, cookie baking and tree trimming. This Dr. Jeckyl has been taken over completely by Ms. Kringle.
It doesn't help that my Solstice party is tomorrow night. I spent all weekend getting ready: cleaning and decorating the house, hanging lights and clearing surfaces so people would have a place to set their drinks, breaking up sticks in the back yard for kindling for the fireplace, making queso and making lists and lists and lists. Tonight I will do the shopping and a bit of baking and preparing. I'm beside myself with excitement.
I haven't had a party like this since my 30th birthday party nearly 15 years ago! That one was an evening to remember, and this one looks to be shaping up to be an other.
I am almost done with my Christmas shopping, as well. Last night I finished the scarf I was knitting for Bob. It's the first time I've picked up knitting needles in over a year, and I had to unravel the whole thing about 20 rows into it because it was gradually getting wider and wider and wider. It was going to end up as a giant triangle if I didn't do something, so rather than attempt to salvage it somehow, I just pulled it all out and started over.

On Thursday, Grayson brought home this wonderful three-panel drawing he'd done at school of his own personal Christmas Past, Present and Future. It's so sweet. I wonder what the Very Special Gift is that he has acquired for me? I know he is very excited about it. He and my parents went out shopping together and he came back with this small wrapped package for me that could barely contain his enthusiasm. Whatever it is, seeing his excitement about giving it to me is the best gift of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment