The weather was gorgeous, and we got to see several animals (all mending well or soon to be grown up enough to be released to the wild, happily). Mainly I was impressed by the extensive facilities and the care and enthusiasm of the volunteers. I'm glad people like this exist. The world needs more of them.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Wild Care
Sunday afternoon, G and I went to the once-a-year open house at the Wildcare facility in Noble, OK. I've mentioned them before, here. They do wildlife rehabilitation, and they're amazing. The woman who runs it, Rondi Large, has essentially given up her life to the constant, year-round, round-the-clock care and feeding of orphaned and injured animals. I admire her hugely.
The weather was gorgeous, and we got to see several animals (all mending well or soon to be grown up enough to be released to the wild, happily). Mainly I was impressed by the extensive facilities and the care and enthusiasm of the volunteers. I'm glad people like this exist. The world needs more of them.
A box of baby opossums!
A bag of bats!
A bobcat. There were some cubs, too. They were not as still, so didn't photograph well in low light.
Grayson took this nice picture of an owl. I can't remember what kind it is.
Sweet squirrel face.
The weather was gorgeous, and we got to see several animals (all mending well or soon to be grown up enough to be released to the wild, happily). Mainly I was impressed by the extensive facilities and the care and enthusiasm of the volunteers. I'm glad people like this exist. The world needs more of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment