It has been a very trying few days. Work is really busy and my stress level has been on a steady rise, until last night when it snapped. Roxy jumped up on me one more time and I came unglued - called her every name in the book and chased her outside. Then about the time I got my breath back and let her back in, she picked a fight with Kobi. Snarling, barking, lunging. Little dog versus big dog. This time I really lost it. I got one of Grayson's crocks and started chasing Roxy around, smacking her with it. On videotape it might be funny in retrospect, if you couldn't see the pitiful look on her face. Her tail tucked under and her head down like a .... well, like a beaten dog. Boy, THAT made me feel good about myself. So I dropped the shoe and sat down on the floor and took her head in my lap and apologized. She just looked up at me with those brown eyes, the tip of her tail quivering, waiting for me to hit her again.
Sometimes I'm such a beast.
We were supposed to have B over for dinner last night but I called and bowed out on the grounds that I would not make good company and would probably pick a fight. Seems like I need to decompress a little bit. Or maybe just take things a little less seriously.
So I'm going to make an effort over the next several days to take note of the upbeat, the funny and the irreverent. Life is not really all that serious all the time.
Like Grayson's current obsession with Youtube videos. His friend introduced him to them, and now it's all he can think about. This one in particular:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QwZqbLpVlM&feature=related
He knows every word and quotes it verbatim over and over and over again: while I'm trying to get him to eat his breakfast, while he's getting dressed, while I'm hustling him into his shoes, his coat, his backpack... all the way to school. It's like a neverending loop. I'm going to have tiny little teeth like an Eskimo woman from grinding them together trying to keep myself from telling him to stop!
It's cute, though. He cracks himself up with every other line, so half the time you can't understand what he's saying, even if you are familiar with the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment