Got a notice on my door on Monday that my house was behind on taxes. Way behind.
I called the Property Manager who works for the Receiver in charge of the house to see what happens now. My landlord attempted bankruptcy, but I guess that fell through so now the houses he owns will be sold at auction to pay off his creditors. Including mine.
The property manager couldn't tell me when, or how much notice I would get of the impending sale. I'm pretty bummed out by this, because I literally have not even totally unpacked yet and I just planted 100 bulbs in the yard this weekend in anticipation of spring.
Now I may not even be there in the spring.
I know, I know. I have told myself this over and over. There's always another house. But I like this house, and I just started feeling at home there. Now we may have to move again soon, and we may have to move on the fly. I don't know if I'm bound by my lease or not... should I start looking now? Should I wait until I get notice? But how much notice will I get? 30 days? 90? Five?
The property manager told me that "someone will probably get a really good deal on it." Meaning at auction it could sell for cheap cheap cheap. I wish I could afford to just bid on the damned thing. But of course I can't. So I have to just wait and see.
More drama. Just what we needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment