
A momentous event. This weekend I completed the mosaic I have been working on for more than four years. I started this damned thing when we moved into the last house, thinking I would take advantage of the extra space the house had to get involved in hobbies. But it got stalled out somewhere along the line... oh, and in the meantime I made a table for Charlie, so I had other things on my mind.
Anyway, I've now moved the thing, unfinished and wrapped in old newspaper, to TWO different homes, and finally this past weekend I decided to just knock it out. When I unwrapped it I realized I was actually much further along than I remembered, with only the background to fill in. So I spent a few busy afternoons hunched over the dining room table, clipping tiles. Saturday afternoon I grouted and by God, it is now complete! I can hardly believe it.
Tonight I start on a new one. Not as large. I'm doing a piece for B for Christmas and if I want it to actually be finished by Christmas, I have to set my sights low. So it's just a little 12-inch square. I'm not giving away the design, you just have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment