Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chakra Kahn

I'm feeling really low. I haven't been sick, but I've just been off a bit.  Primarily because I've been in pain.  I'm not really a very Big Girl about pain.  I suffer. I whine.  I share my pain.  A week ago I did something unpleasant to my shoulder.  It happened like this:

The weathermen had been frantically predicting icy armageddon all afternoon and evening:  freezing rain on its way, with an estimated 1 - 2 inch accumulation by morning.  So Grayson and I went to bed fully expecting a snow day in the morning.  I think the whole of NW Arkansas did.

We woke up to no snow, not even any ice to speak, so they did NOT close schools. So already we're pre-disposed to negative vibes.  It was at this point that I discovered I had failed to put Grayson's jeans into the drier the night before, so we have to wait an hour for them to dry so he didn't have to go to school in pajamas.  He's down to three pairs of pants.  Don't judge me. He started out the school year with about six pairs of pants, but the kid won't stop growing, and now half of them are too small for him.

The extra hour of course meant that he missed the bus, so then I was obliged to take him to school.  I manage to get myself dressed and prepared and out the door, only to discover that there is, indeed, ice.  But it has accumulated in only two places:  the grass in the yard and  MY CAR, which I absent-mindedly left out in the driveway overnight. (despite the fact that I have a perfectly functional garage) In a short 10 hours, my car had become completely encapsulated in a quarter-inch shroud of solid ice.  Awesome.

Our drier hour completed, G put on his nice warm, freshly dried pants, I put G in the car (after forcibly breaking the ice over the door handle and then yanking repeatedly on it to break the ice seal around the door) and turned on my heater and defrost (which my dad had paid a sick sum of money to have fixed for me just about a month ago.  Thanks Dad).  I waited a full ten minutes, watching water droplets form on the underside of the glacier on the windshield, and then went out with my ice chipper to attempt to get the ice off the car.

I was hacking away at the solid sheet of ice on the window, when I felt something decidedly unpleasant happen in my right shoulder.  It wasn't a snap or anything.  Just a feeling like "I think my shoulder hates me right now." Just as I was registering the pain, and feebly sweeping the last broken shards of ice off the window with my now partially paralyzed right arm, it began to pour down rain.  As I jumped into the car, the rain turned to hail.

Grayson looked at me and said "Seriously?  Mom?  Hail?"  And then indicated the front door and said "we still can..."

No, by god.  I'm dressed, I've been out in the cold chipping ice off my windows, and I've been hailed on. No, we're doing this day. I've gone through too much to stop now.

That was all very well, except as the day wore on, the shoulder got worse, despite me dosing myself with my dog's steroids and painkillers, left over from her knee injury.  What?  She wasn't using them.

This week I finally broke down and went to the doctor to get my own steroids and painkillers.

The dull ache of my neck and shoulder this week, plus lack of funds due to paying for doctor's visit, steroids and painkillers, have made me fairly grumpy. And sleepy, pitiful, distracted, and resentful.

So I've been feeling a bit low.  And this morning I stumbled across some Carol Tuttle thing about "Take our Three-Minute Quiz to test your chakras."  So, thinking maybe this would give me some insight into what it is that is making me feel so uninspired and low-spirited, I took the three-minute test.  Twice.  Both times the results informed me that every single one of my chakras was either weak or closed altogether.

ah HA!

So not helpful.  Now I feel even worse. I have blocked chakras.  No wonder I'm such a loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment