![]() |
| I got this from the Nat'l Geographic Animals site, here |
My friend Michael informed me that the Hyperbole and a Half post I recommended as comic relief in my last post was sad, not funny. I guess jokes about depression are only funny to people who have been depressed.
So, to make up for my pitiful post, I am hearby determined to make this post an upbeat and entertaining one. So, here are five things that are happy and/or entertaining
1. Flower ate the crotch out of my best pair of jeans yesterday. This is not good news, of course, but it is funny. My question: what’s in it for her? WHY??? Flower is otherwise such a good dog. Roxy eats holes in everything: my sheets, my blankets, my sofa… rugs, chairs, washcloths, socks… but never the crotch out of my jeans. That’s a specialty of Flower’s, and it’s not the first time, either.
2. The Walmart just over the state line in Jane, Missouri, not only has a HUGE liquor and wine section, it is also open all night AND it’s cheap. Bonus: they sell soft fuzzy sofa blankets with a giant image of the Virgin of Guadalupe on them.
3. I wrote a story about the Preparators at CB and they really liked it. It’s always good to write something and have people respond favorably to it, even more so if it’s a story about them. The team seemed flattered and pleased that I had taken the time and effort to profile their work. They deserve it, though. They just got done installing 450 works of art.
4. My parents visited this weekend and I had the pleasure of taking them and my son through the museum for the first time. It was fun to visit the museum as a civilian, and to take the time to really look at all the artwork. My dad also fixed the fallen towel rod in my bathroom, which means I can quit dropping my towels on the floor.
5. This is not all that “happy,” I suppose, but it is an entertaining bit of insight into my overall state of organization: I have missed trash and recycling day three weeks in a row. This means that both bins are overflowing and I no longer have a place to stash my recycling except in a cardboard box in the garage. Incidentally, I have been throwing the cardboard boxes associated with my favorite cheap box wine into this box in the garage for some time now, because they take up too much space in the plastic bin in my kitchen. I went out there yesterday and realized there were no fewer than eight boxes in there. So… great. Awesome, on Tuesday I get to take all of that out and put it by the curb and the neighbors will think I drank 24 bottles of wine in a week. A stretch even for me.
And bonus happy thing: I saw a handful of bluebirds on the trail on the walk in to the Museum this morning. And if bluebirds don't make you happy, you're dead.

No comments:
Post a Comment