I'm considering a change... a few changes, in fact.
First of all, I'm going to start the paperwork required to take back my maiden name. I want my own identity back. So Jin and I are going to the county clerk's office tomorrow and we're picking up the paperwork. She wants her name back, too.
At first I kept my ex's name because I thought it was important to Grayson for us to have the same name. And it was at first. But he's older now and I think he can understand why I would want my own name back. It's time, I think.
Also, I'm considering a job change. I realized, in talking to my wise and perceptive friend Jin, that I am a bit burned out here. I love the museum, but, as Jin said "you've done everything there is to do there." And I realized... yeah. I kind of have. At least in this position. All my press releases are boiler plates that I just drop in the new dates and times. I've covered all the curators' research projects at least once, some several times, and a 20-year study just doesn't ignite the same spark the second or third time I have to frame it up on the page.
So I've been sniffing around a bit today. Even applied for a few. I haven't done that in years. (With the exception of the vet tech job at Free to Live recently, but that doesn't really count) I need something to shake up my brain in a good way for a change... and a new job changes your perspective on just about everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment