Back to work today... like normal people. Amazing how pathetically exhausting work can be when you've been in Snow Mode for a week. I flailed miserably, like a newborn kitten...no, like a newborn panda: blind and floppy and driven by sheer instinct.
Okay, it wae sn't that bad... but I felt out of my depth. And now I learn that more "weather" is on the way. Yes, Snowmageddon II (if you're not as utterly sick of that term, then you don't live in Oklahoma) is on its way: another apocalyptic snow storm, due to hit on Tuesday evening and to smite us mightily through Wednesday. So now we're faced with a host of decisions regarding upcoming events: to cancell now, based on impending Weather Doom? Or to tough it out, believing that Oklahoma will pull another meteorological hat trick.
I have said on a coupe of occasions lately that "I never have felt like a grown-up." It always gets a laugh when I say it... but it's absolutely true. God help me if I ever have to make real decisions. Most of the time I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. Surely grown-ups have more planning going on than I do. I don't know. I guess I never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment