This is a short post.
There was an earthquake in Norman yesterday.
I missed it.
It was a 5.1 earthquake, centered just east of Norman, and it happened at 9:06 a.m. Apparently it was strong enough to be felt as far north as Stillwater, and all across Oklahoma City. Folks here at the office said it really shook the museum (which is a big building). And Grayson said he felt it shaking his chair in the gymnasium at school.
I was driving to work, and so I completely failed to register any movement of the earth. I'm so BUMMED. A real earthquake in Oklahoma - of all places - and I missed it. I was in my car for less than ten minutes. And THAT ten minutes was when we get an earthquake. I was gyped.
Authorities tell us that the temblor was caused, not by movement of tectonic plates, but possibly by deep hidden fault lines OR - most probably, as a by-product of oil or gas drilling.
Heck. Maybe I'll feel the next one... in another 40 years or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment