Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday's arrival

Monday landed with a thud. Groaned pitiably and crawled away.

That's my story about Monday. Seriously, if I can't shake these blues, I'm going to have to take drastic measures. What those might be, I have no idea.

It was good to get my boy back yesterday afternoon. We spent an hour or so having Sculpey battles. This entails rolling up a ball of Sculpey and then reshaping it each "turn" to have a different "attack" on your opponent. It taxes my powers of imagination, and frankly I find it a bit tedious, but Grayson really enjoys it, and I remember pretty vividly doing something similar with clay on the dining room table at my house when I was about his age.

Otherwise, all weekend I just lay around being lethargic, inert and semi-depressed. I spent two twenty-minute sessions sitting on the bathroom floor watching Mambo float in his bath. He's been lethargic lately, as well, and the web sites warned of lethargy brought on by dehydration if he didn't get regular baths... which he hasn't. So into the tub he went and he stood there looking at nothing and I sat there looking at him. What a wild pair.

Lately the lizard will eat only mealworms fed to him by hand. Okay, I realize I probably brought this on myself, but this is an animal that used to run to his dish every time I put in fresh worms and gobble up 15 or 20 at a time. Now he never seems to approach his dish of salad, whether or not there are mealworms in it, and only eats when I hand them to him, though when I do so he does seem to eat with relish. I dunno. This little 16-inch lizard is a constant source of worry and anxiety. I'm always afraid I'm doing something wrong that will result in his demise. He does seem a bit perkier since his baths over the weekend, at least.

Also, the spring weather seems to have returned, and my garden seems none the worse for having been buried in snow for two days. This morning flocks of starlings descended onto the seed I had scattered in the lawn. It's funny, they were nowhere to be found over the weekend when it was so snowy. Just sparrows and wrens and a couple of cardinals. I suppose that's a good thing, since the starlings would have just scared everyone else off. I was fun to watch them pig out this morning, though.

Tonight: the gym. Maybe some exercise will cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment