Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Free at Last

Ladies and gentlemen....
Dear Friends.

As of today I have officially severed the last shred of paperwork that bound me to to ex husband. Okay, besides the divorce decree, child support agreement and the fact that we have a child in common. Otherwise, I have washed that man right out of my hair.

Yesterday I finalized the loan that paid off my part of the last remaining joint debt. Yes, I still owe a shitload of money... but I don't owe it to him.

Today I refinanced my car in my name only and G signed the title over. It's officially mine, all mine. All 93,000 miles of it. God bless its little red heart.

I used the additional loan money to pay off one of my personal credit cards and put a significant dent in what was owed on the other. So now my feet touch bottom again, financially, for the first time in many many months.

Though it's a symbolic thing, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted from me. Not having anything I have to share with G, with the notable exception of Grayson himself, helps me put "my behind in my past" as Pumba says in The Lion King. I feel like I can start moving and looking in the same direction... no longer moving forward, looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment