Saturday, July 26, 2008

On how my air conditioner gave me a stiff neck

Thursday night our upstairs air conditioner died. When the temperature on the second floor reached 85 degrees, the whole family decamped with our pillows and blankets and took up residence on the sofas downstairs for the night. Three sofas, three people. Seemed like a good idea. Sure beat sleeping in the upstairs sauna.

I now know how a stuffed animal that gets crammed down between the sofa cushions feels. Seriously, all night I felt like I was being folded in half and stuffed in the crack between the cushions. Guess I'm officially too old to sleep on the sofa. I kept waking up during the night with various parts of me so stiff that it hurt to move them.

Amazingly, I didn't get the stiff neck until this morning, 24 hours later. Probably overcompensated last night: slept too hard to make up for sleeping so badly the night before.

The good news is that our NEW air conditioning unit works great. It should, for what we were obliged to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment