I asked my dad in what condition he found my poor dead ducks when he came to collect and bury them. I just wanted to know if something had eaten them, and how roughed up they were so I could get an idea of what type of animal had done it. My dad looked sort of sheepish and told me he hadn't wanted to give me the details, but whatever killed them had EATEN THEIR HEADS and left the rest of the bodies. What the...?!!
So I asked one of the mammal curators at the museum what eats duck heads and he said raccoons bite the heads off ducks. That when he worked for the fish and wildlife service a raccoon got into a duck trap one time and bit the heads off of FIFTY DUCKS.
Why???? Cause they CAN???
So that's why I hate raccoons.
No comments:
Post a Comment