Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We Attend the Fetish Ball


Last Saturday Gray and I went to the Fetish Ball for the Biting the Apple exhibition downtown. It's an annual "erotic" (semi) art show put on by the Independent Artists of Oklahoma gallery. It's just a two-day show, but always accompanied by much burlesque merriment. My friend Jin goes almost every year and Gray and I have always meant to go, but never seem to learn about it until it's over or it's too late to get a babysitter.

Anyway, we went on Saturday. And while the event was fun, I think getting dressed for it was more fun, at least for me, as you can see from this photo. It took two padded bras and a pair of "chicken cutlets" to get my boobs pushed up that high. The shoes came from the stripper store on 10th street. Jin told me to go there so I could get some "shoes that come with a pole."

The shoes there were fantastic. Thigh high vinyl boots with 7-inch heels, lucite platform stillettos with a slot labeled "Tips" in the platform. The ones you see here were among the more tame of the choices. And to make it even better, a pair of real strippers were there shopping while I was there, so I got the full experience.

Grayson did not approve of my hairdo. He never likes me to get too far out of the box with the way I look. He told me I looked "weird. And not in a good way." After I got the false eyelashes, the full make up and the jewels all on, then he felt better about it because it looked more like a costume, like a circus performer. The stripper shoes, visible brassiere, corset and fishnet stockings didn't phase him a bit. It was the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment